It’s bad enough that your mother dragged your naïve, no-say-in-any-matter 12 year old butt to some cheap ass hairdresser who gives you a soft pineapple perm.
She’s kept the damning evidence then hands it over to your husband for the both of them to have an entertaining giggle.
There was just something magnetic about potent perm solutions that I simply could not stay away from, obsessed in thinking it was the answer for overall super coolness. The 80’s was all about the big, bad hair, baby.
This was the piece de resistance. Taken circa 1987, my uber baggy purple pants matched my ice cream while my hair had more volume and height than any soft serve.
It took forever for the curls to grow out and the perm had dried out my hair so badly, my only option was to snip it all off.
And that my friends, saw my Bros look-alike days.
Still asking “When Will I Be Famous?”, it definitely won’t be for my grand choices in hair styles.
For all you smug GenY’ers who weren’t even embryos during the 80’s and have no clue who Bros were, let me educate you:
So, come on. Your turn. Send me your big bad hair photo.
Send them through to: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Follow With Some Grace.
2. Sign up to the awesome Digital Parents community ( if you haven’t already done so). DP was created by Brenda Gaddi who happens to be the creator of FYBF. She’s also created 4 gorgeous kidlets. In case you’d like to know. Or maybe not. But we’ll share that info just the same.
3. Add your post URL to the linky. Please only link up one post.
4. Grab the funky FYBF button and post it on your sidebar. Help spread the blogfloggin love.
5. Visit the blogs of your fellow FYBF’ers and share the comment love.
6. Share some more comment love. It’s proven to make your wrinkles disappear…overnight. #truth