Please welcome Kim from Falling Face First! I’ve been stalking her blog for several months now because well, she’s just bloody funny and being a mum hasn’t stopped her from living on the edge. Or at least wanting to 🙂 I had the pleasure of finally meeting her at a DP Drinks catch up in February.
How ironic that while walking to the train station together, it was I who happened to trip, roll my ankle and almost fall face first. After recovering from the sharp pain, I just knew then I wanted Kim as on board as a FYBF Featured Flogger!
A letter to myself – before children (BC me)
Dude! Please, do not ever let me hear you say you’re bored again. Future you will put ‘bored’ in the category of ‘good day’ words. Read more books, quickly. See movies. Also see the future movies that haven’t yet been made, since future you won’t have time to see them. Then you’ll at least be able to smile and nod when someone quotes a seminal movie line like ‘I love lamp’.* (Yes, I will remain highbrow, even in the future when I’m grown up).
Stop standing up when you eat. What are you, a horse? You’ll be doing it for a living later (yes, yes, you’re not infertile and will breed two lovely girls. You’ll be eating breakfast and lunch in the kitchen while said lovely girls pull on your clothes for impossible things). So SIT. DOWN.
Travel. I know you are now, and you will have the chance again, but try some slightly harder places. Climb to Machu Picchu, see the Moai statues in Easter Island, ski in Japan, and go spice mad in Marrakech. There is so much to see and such rich and amazing culture to experience. One day you’ll be trying to learn about it all through SBS and it’s not enough.
Don’t worry so much about your peer group. This will sound bad, but, umm … why don’t you try on a few more hats? You will be wearing the hat you marry for a long time. That long-term thing you do? Stop! Immediately!
A few more words of advice from future me to you, in brief: don’t think so hard, don’t work so hard, definitely play too hard, exercise a lot (and your body will and does thank you later), and smile whenever you can, knowing you have two beautiful girls coming along to change your life forever.
Also – in March 2013 you will have a cold. Try and take some echinacea in February 2012. Ok? Thanks. Mwah.
*In case it’s driving you crazy, this is from Anchorman.
1. Follow With Some Grace.
2. Sign up to the awesome Digital Parents community ( if you haven’t already done so). DP was created by Brenda Gaddi who happens to be the creator of FYBF. She’s also created 4 gorgeous kidlets. In case you’d like to know. Or maybe not. But we’ll share that info just the same.
3. Add your post URL to the linky. Please only link up one post.
4. Grab the funky FYBF button and post it on your sidebar. Help spread the blogfloggin love.
5. Visit the blogs of your fellow FYBF’ers and share the comment love.
6. Share some more comment love. It’s proven to make your wrinkles disappear…overnight. #truth