It’s been very quiet on the bloggy front this week.
Busily tending to sickly, snotty twins (completely separate to last week’s disgusting gastro) and trying to prepare for #DPCON13, I just haven’t been up to saying much. And I ALWAYS have something to say!
Instead, I’ve been observing all my parenting fails. Now, don’t think I’m getting all guilt ridden, beating myself up for being a bad mum.
Been there, done that. Wrote the blog post.
I’ve finally discovered the trick in dealing with sick children and keeping your sanity.
When illness tampers with the temperament of children, it’s in the parents’ best interest to simply cave in.
Need to give them a dose of antibiotics?
Bribe them with some hot chips afterwards.
They’re up at 5:30am and refuse to go back to sleep?
Switch on the television.
Making a trip to the doctors for some poking and proding?
Let them play with the iPad to their heart’s content.
As a parent, scrambling to survive; getting through the tears, sleepless nights and find 10 minutes of goddamn peace and quiet: I will do anything.
Particularly, exposing pop songs with potentially explicit lyrics to my innocent, young children. It won’t win me the Mother of the Year award. Meh. I dropped out of those nominations long ago.
What have you succumbed to in order to get 10 minutes of respite? What fabulously trashy pop songs have you introduced to your young ones ?
1. Follow With Some Grace.
2. Sign up to the awesome Digital Parents community ( if you haven’t already done so). DP was created by Brenda Gaddi who happens to be the creator of FYBF. She’s also created 4 gorgeous kidlets. In case you’d like to know. Or maybe not. But we’ll share that info just the same.
3. Add your post URL to the linky. Please only link up one post.
4. Grab the funky FYBF button and post it on your sidebar. Help spread the blogfloggin love.
5. Visit the blogs of your fellow FYBF’ers and share the comment love.
6. Share some more comment love. It’s proven to make your wrinkles disappear…overnight. #truth