It’s Thursday night and I’m frantically typing this week’s post like a racehorse because tomorrow morning we head out to the Big Roundabout to visit my folks.
As much as I love going back to my hometown…getting there is always a drama.
And each time I say I’m going to be better organised next time – I never am.
Hence, sitting here *ahem* blogging away while I still have a stack of packing to do !!!
Anywhoooo…on with the show ! Joining Shae at Yay For Home! for “Things I Know”
– Going to K-mart at 8:30pm on a Wednesday is a shopper’s paradise. No crowds, no annoying long queues at the cash register and there is plenty of EVERYTHING ! (No, this post has not being sponsored by the Big K…)
– These $5 puppets have been “The Bomb” ! The twinlets didn’t care much for soft toys beforehand but they now have new-found furry friends. There’s lots of kisses and cuddles for “Tiger” and “Monkey” in particular.
– The only way to keep your sanity when reading the “That’s Not My…” series over and over and OVER again to your book-crazy sons is to do it with a foreign accent. Seriously. Especially a Japanese one: “Za-tsu mai tu-rakku ! Eetsu tip-paaah izu sooo ridgggeeee !!!” Finally ! All those years studying the language and living there have come to good use.
– Having a 23 year-old Gen Y nephew keeps me on the “cool edge”. He was the one that first introduced me to FaceBook (Although the actual addiction is entirely my own doing). And just today I got an invite from him to join Google +. He’s so awesome…
– That exploring the world only needs to start with a stick and an endless green field…
Okay, back to the packing !
Happy Friday, everyone ! Mwah !!!