***This is a sponsored post for Air Wick. However, all opinions are my own and I love me a nice scented candle, anyway***
If the near future ever sees you pay a visit to my humble abode, whatever you do, please ignore its pitiful, neglected state.
I am no Pinterest Queen of Domestic Interior Design.
My house is not conducive to having pretty trinkets, plush rugs or intricate ornaments.
Most have been spectacularly destroyed.
The few treasured pieces are safely kept away from twinions’ reach.
Instead, you will find sturdy heavy wooden pieces Balinese furniture and well-worn couches with ominous stains and blotches that have been hanging around since the boys first started solids.
Yup. That long ago.
I know it’s just a phase. One day, I’ll be able to buy nice furniture and curtains again. Well, I’m hoping, anyway.
With this male dominated house plagued with endearing odours of playground sweat, stinky vegemite sandwich breath and flatulence of the rotten egg kind, I rely on fragrances to keep me sane.
Like a bear feverishly collecting food for winter, I keep a stock standard supply of scented candles.
It drives my husband mad (“You’re going to burn the house down!”) but hey, he doesn’t seem to smell what I smell. Why is that?
Adding to my ever growing collection, Air Wick sent through three of their candle products:
- Multicolour Silhouette Candle in French Vanilla Romance
- Decorative Jar Candle in Cottonflower and Blue Bonnet (Fluffy Linen)
- Decorative Jar Candle in French Lavender (Unwind Time)
Scented candles can tend to be either not having enough aroma or be overbearing.
Air Wick candles all have their distinct, yet subtle aroma.
My favourite would have to be the Fluffy Linen because well, who doesn’t like to indulgently lie in clean, fresh, heavenly soft bed sheets?
Lying next to my little boy the other night, gently patting him, I was sure he was slowly drifting into slumber.
A tender moment short lived by a subtle yet obvious puff of air from his tiny perfectly rounded bottom.
“Nunu…did you just do a toot toot?”
*Cue bursts of giggles and laughter*
Some say, no matter where they’ve been, how they smell, you love your children all the same.
So tis a mum’s life of smelly boys and scented candles.
Hosting an Air Wick giveaway, one lucky reader will win the three above mentioned candles!
All you have to do is:
- Subscribe to With Some Grace by Email
- Leave a comment on the post telling me: Which fragrance or smell that triggers a particular memory for you?
Terms and Conditions:
- This giveaway is only open to Australian residents
- Closing date for entries is 10pm AEST Tuesday, 16th of December.
- The winner will be contact via email on the following Wedneday.
- If the winner does not reply to my email within 24 hours, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries will be judged on merit and decision of the winner will be final.
Joining Essentially Jess for #IBOT