A few weeks ago, I was invited by Digital Parents to attend the NortonOne event over at the swanky Cafe Sydney.
I will be totally honest. I was a bit reluctant to go because well, let’s face it, talking about internet security and all that stuff, is about as much fun as watching nail polish dry.
Seriously though, I’m glad I went.
In the midst of beautiful Sydney Harbour surroundings, among great blogging comadre and accompanied by delicious gourmet food there was no boring talk of “Bits and Bytes”, techy geeky stuff.
With the Norton team, we shared our own stories and experiences of cybercrime. We touched on every parent’s ever increasing concerns about cyber-bullying. It was an open, interactive discussion. Because when a brand themselves can also speak from a parent’s perspective, then there’s something pertinent for everyone. It goes beyond being just another product talk.
There was no scare factor. But I did start to realise that as families grow, then technology around the house somehow organically expands too. And that’s where we leave ourselves open to all sorts of internet vulnerabilities.
I mean, check out my family – there are only 2 adults and 2 toddlers. But somehow, we’ve already accumulated 1 computer, 2 laptops and 3 smart phones. How did that happen ???
NortonOne is the latest product to be released. It’s an all in one membership that protects up to 5 devices – laptops, computers and even smartphones. There’s even back up and live help. Sweet !
The N0rton guys have kindly given me a Norton 360 (version 6) pack to giveaway to one of my readers. Valued at $130, it gives you one year of protection for up to 3 devices. Woot, woot !
All you have to do is leave a comment answering this question:
What’s been your most spontaneous on-line purchase and did the package meet your expectations ?
Come on guys, don’t hold back ! Jump in and enter !
For the boring but important bits:
– The giveaway is open to Australian residents only.
– Don’t forget to include an email address when leaving a comment.
– Deadline is 10pm , Monday 16th of April. The winner will be announced on Tuesday, 17th.
– The winner will have a week to reply to notification. If there is no reply, the prize will be redrawn.
– The prize is provided by Norton and is not redeemable or transferable.
– It’s not obligatory, but if you would like to keep updated on future giveaways or just wanna hear more about my musings (and why wouldn’t you ??), feel free to follow me on FB, Twitter or via RSS Feed/email.
And last but not least, for your entertainment, guaranteed the cutest ad you’ll see on YouTube.