My oh my, whatta week in Australian politics!
Even if you tried to bury your head deep in the sand of ignorance (it’s always bliss there, I hear), you couldn’t escape the whirlwind merry-go-round ride that took us back to where it all started…KRuddsville.
And despite what people may think of her, I take my hat of to our ex Prime Minister. It made me proud to see a female leader of our country during my generation.
I do hope however, that despite her resignation and plans to leave politics, we don’t let the appalling behavior that she encountered during her Prime Ministership be swept under the carpet of oblivion.
The disrespectful comments from shock jocks, the vilification from the opposition; let’s remember it all because ignoring it leaves the door dangerously open for it – the bullying and sexism – to repeat itself and become the norm in our society.
Okay, off my slippery soap box.
Moving away from the political kind, let’s talk about another kind of party!
Announcing the next Digital Parents Sydney Drinkie poos catchup!
Come and hang out with us at The Argyle at the Rocks on Saturday, 27th of July. Festivities commencing at 2pm so be there or be octagon!
Keep watching this space for something special we’ll have lined up for the night. (And no, it’s not Karaoke…but we can do that too!)
1. Follow With Some Grace.
2. Sign up to the awesome Digital Parents community ( if you haven’t already done so). DP was created by Brenda Gaddi who happens to be the creator of FYBF. She’s also created 4 gorgeous kidlets. In case you’d like to know. Or maybe not. But we’ll share that info just the same.
3. Add your post URL to the linky. Please only link up one post.
4. Grab the funky FYBF button and post it on your sidebar. Help spread the blogfloggin love.
5. Visit the blogs of your fellow FYBF’ers and share the comment love.
6. Share some more comment love. It’s proven to make your wrinkles disappear…overnight. #truth