I’ve been trying to figure out why I’ve succumbed to being a glutton for punishment over the past 12 weeks.
I get up at the crack of dawn after having minimal sleep and while peeling a toddler off my chest, I tiptoe around the house while putting on my running gear.
Nervously knowing there’s a huge challenge of hills and distance waiting for me.
But this Sunday I’m up for the biggest one of all – my very first half marathon.
And with the running event only 2 sleeps away, I get it. It’s finally clicked why I’ve become addicted to all this running.
It’s not the meditative state when hearing my feet hit the pavement in rhythmic motion.
Or floating on natural endorphins when sucking in that clean, crisp morning air.
It’s the simple sense of freedom.
To have something I can claim as solely mine.
Something I did completely by myself.
And that’s what I’ll be focusing on for the entire 21 kilometres.
Well, I hope to, anyway!
Send some positive vibes this Sunday morning, ‘k?
What gives you a sense of freedom? Am I’m nuts for doing a half marathon?
1. Follow With Some Grace.
2. Sign up to the awesome Digital Parents community ( if you haven’t already done so). DP was created by Brenda Gaddi who happens to be the creator of FYBF. She’s also created 4 gorgeous kidlets. In case you’d like to know. Or maybe not. But we’ll share that info just the same.
3. Add your post URL to the linky. Please only link up one post.
4. Grab the funky FYBF button and post it on your sidebar. Help spread the blogfloggin love.
5. Visit the blogs of your fellow FYBF’ers and share the comment love.
6. Share some more comment love. It’s proven to make your wrinkles disappear…overnight. #truth