It has truly sucked that I’ve had this knee injury for the past 2 months.
Leg muscles are useless without the help of hammies, quads, glutes and of course, the knee.
But that ain’t gonna to stop me from exercising. Running maybe, but not exercising. Especially when my birthday’s just round the corner! (8 shopping days, people!)
Did you know the next big muscle group after the legs is the back?
While I haven’t had my endorphin fix in a while from long distance running, I’ve been pumping iron, working on getting some definition in those shoulders and guns of mine.
My trusty personal trainer has assured me that when it comes to calorie burning, a weights workout is far more effective than a cardio session. At best, you lose 30-40 calories after a moderate paced run. However with weights, the body’s metabolism can be boosted for 36 hours post workout, meaning you’re burning more calories. Whodathunkit?
Another reason to pick up some dumbells is it’s important, particularly for women, to maintain bone density and prevent osteoporosis with regular weight bearing exercise. That’s the truth, y’all.
Reasonably priced with fabulous vibrant colours to choose from, these tops and pants have added an element of fun and motivation to exercising lately.
Even being photo bombed won’t break my stride. Heh.
Following last week’s giveaway, I have a second $200 Big W Voucher ready to pass on to one lucky reader!
For a chance to score this week’s voucher, all you have to do is:
- Leave a comment on this post telling me: What is your essential item when working out or exercising?
- Like With Some Grace on Facebook
- Subscribe to With Some Grace by Email
Terms and conditions:
- This giveaway is only open to Australian residents
- Closing date for entries is 10pm Thursday, 22nd of August.
- The winner will be contacted via email on the following Friday.
- If the winner does not reply to my email within 24 hours, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries will be judged on merit and decision of the winner will be final.
*This is a sponsored post for Big W. As always opinions were genuine and real, as were those 17.5 kilo dumbells…
2. Sign up to the awesome Digital Parents community ( if you haven’t already done so). DP was created by Brenda Gaddi who happens to be the creator of FYBF. She’s also created 4 gorgeous kidlets. In case you’d like to know. Or maybe not. But we’ll share that info just the same.
3. Add your post URL to the linky. Please only link up one post.
4. Grab the funky FYBF button and post it on your sidebar. Help spread the blogfloggin love.
5. Visit the blogs of your fellow FYBF’ers and share the comment love.
6. Share some more comment love. It’s proven to make your wrinkles disappear…overnight. #truth