My dear Floggers, let me take you back to a time of bell bottoms and shiny disco balls.
At the tail end of the 60’s wild sexual revolution, 1971 proved to be the real baby boom year and in Australia it was the largest year ever for births.
It was the year The Beatles confirmed that they were splitting, as did Simon and Garfunkel.
Jim Morrison from the Doors was tragically found dead in Paris, France.
A sprucey 13 year old Michael Jackson first soared through the charts as a solo artist with the now classic, “Got To Be There” while “American Pie” – in all of its annoying 8 minutes – became the world’s longest (literally) number one hit in rock’n’roll history.
The Vietnam War was finally drawing to an end. Australia and New Zealand had withdrawn all its troops and America was slowly heading in the same direction.
Famous celebrities who were born on this magical year include Winona Ryder (talented actress and kleptomaniac convicted shoplifter), Mark Wahlberg (defunct rapper turned hot actor) and Ewan McGregor (hunky Scottish actor of Star Wars fame).
And exactly on this day in 1971, saw the birth of an individual whose extroverted nature eventually led her to the internet, settling in a sublime place where there was no such thing as sharing too much information. She soon found her own Star Wars calling, but above all, an amazing community filled with bloggy love and support.
What’s a birthday if you can’t share it with your friends – online and in the real life?
Oh, and you can take 1971 out of the girl. But not the girl out of her bell bottoms.
2. Sign up to the awesome Digital Parents community ( if you haven’t already done so). DP was created by Brenda Gaddi who happens to be the creator of FYBF. She’s also created 4 gorgeous kidlets. In case you’d like to know. Or maybe not. But we’ll share that info just the same.
3. Add your post URL to the linky. Please only link up one post.
4. Grab the funky FYBF button and post it on your sidebar. Help spread the blogfloggin love.
5. Visit the blogs of your fellow FYBF’ers and share the comment love.
6. Share some more comment love. It’s proven to make your wrinkles disappear…overnight. #truth