Bored, exhausted and desperate for company, a Mama of newborn twins started scouring the interwebz for inspiration. Recipes or crafty tips didn’t do it for her. Not even p*rn.
After much stalking, er, researching, she came across the “Australian Mummy Bloggers” website.
“Huh. What’s the blogging malarkey about?” she wondered skeptically.
Clicking here and there, she finally landed on a page that would significantly change her mummy life and open cyber doors that would eventually lead to a real life outside dirty nappies and projectile vomit.
There the Mama discovered a pocket rocket who wrote posts about vaginas for “funsies” and vlogged about a Dyson akin to a sex tape. (But a classy one, of course…)
Who else can make vacuuming sensual?
“I need to meet this live wire,” the Mama thought.
And in a smoky, dark karaoke room, she finally met her (Titanic) match.
The rest, as they say…is bloggy history.
The years have rolled, #FYBF hostesses have changed several hands, blogs come and go and some get bigger than Ben Hur…but #FYBF remains strong and proud.
Today we go retro.
We return to that very first #FYBF post from the founder herself, the mostly cheeky, ever charming Brenda Gaddi…
Posted: 25/02/2010 (!!!)
I have started my own meme. Because I can. Hah.
Pardon the arseholish title. I am still a bit peeved about Echo not meeting my over-the-top expectations.
Fear not my darlings for I have just installed a new commenting system called DISQUS (pronounced as discuss, clever huh?). What?!?! I did say on my last post that I might install a new one. And, if you know me in real life. Might means 90% yes. So just play along. But, if this one goes all moodycow on us again. Then I’ll just exercise my power of delete, curse, delete, swear. Capiche?
And so today I’d like to honour all the flagrant blog whores out there. I know I am not the only one. Yes, yes? Please join me in the very first dun dun dun FlogYoBlog Friday meme. *throws a shitload of confetti into the air*
- Follow my blog (this one is actually optional, you don’t have to if you don’t want to. Blog following is a personal thing. And if my blog is not your cup of tea then I’m totally cool with that. Seriously, I am. Just know that you are breaking my heart. Breaking my heart, you hear. Huhuhu.)
- Grab my bubbly button (this one is required. Because, I have spent HOURS designing it. So please be so kind and post it on your lovely blog’s sidebar. Thankus.)
- Link up your blog’s URL in the MckLinky malinky below. And if you want to put up the links on your blog, you are more than welcome to. Just follow the instructions on the linky thingy.
- Take the time to check out the other linky-ers and go visit their blogs. Give them some blogluvin and follow them. Only if you want to. Just please follow at least one linky-er/blogger. Okay?
- The list will be open for linky-ers from 8AM-12PM Sydney Time every Friday.
- A new and fresh MckLinky list will open every friday. And you have to link up AGAIN. Because the previous link won’t carry over to the next week. Once the list is closed, it’s closed. Got it?
- And lastly, have lotsa fun!
- And ooh, invite your bloggy friends to participate.
1. Follow With Some Grace.
2. Sign up to the awesome Digital Parents community ( if you haven’t already done so). DP was created by Brenda Gaddi who happens to be the creator of FYBF. She’s also created 4 gorgeous kidlets. In case you’d like to know. Or maybe not. But we’ll share that info just the same.
3. Add your post URL to the FYBF linky. Please only link up one post.
4. Grab the funky FYBF button and post it on your sidebar. Help spread the blogfloggin love.
5. Visit the blogs of your fellow FYBF’ers and share the comment love