By now, you’ll be all aware that there’s lots of thought and consideration in picking an FYBF Featured Flogger. Today I’m proud to present our 8th, Tracey from Bliss Amongst Chaos.
As always, please leave some comment love and let your Floggy presence be known!
Ho Ho, Oh No! The Downside to Christmas
As the festive season is finally over, I can now sit back and reflect on what a crazy time of year it is!
And it was!
For the record, I love Christmas.
The food, the decorations, spending time with friends and family, and the joy on my children’s faces as it gets closer to Santa’s arrival all help to bring the excitement of the season to the fore.
There are however, some aspects of Christmas that I would gladly do without!
The complete madness at shopping centres for a start.
Once you’re lucky enough to find a park, inside, there are literally hundreds and thousands of people rushing around looking for the perfect gift.
I actually encountered an extremely scary woman who cornered me with her trolley as we both reached for the same item. She had a look in her eye that let me know in no uncertain terms that she intended to have it. Her nostrils flared as looked at me like she was going to tear me limb from limb. I started to imagine her breathing fire and turning my body to ash, or at the very least screaming “BAH HUMBUG!!” in my face.
I value my life.
I wasn’t desperate for that nose hair clipper anyway.
I’m guessing she wasn’t buying it for a gift.
And don’t even talk to me about tinsel! Not only does it leave sparkly bits on the carpet, but my cat loves the stuff! Not to roll around and play with, like all the cute Christmas pictures of kittens would have you believe.
No! I’m talking to eat!
Every bit of shiny, plastic crap she can lay her furry little paws on, she swallows.
Great strings of it!
Now if that was the last I saw of it, I could cope, but when hours later she is walking around with a long, sparkly strand of tinsel hanging out her arse, I have to draw the line!
Pulling that out WAS. NOT. FUN!
Luckily it came out easily, or we would have had vet bills as well.
From that moment on we became a tinsel free household.
As much as I do love the festive season, I am glad the silliness is over for another year.
But it will be back before we know it.
1. Follow With Some Grace.
2. Sign up to the awesome Digital Parents community ( if you haven’t already done so). DP was created by Brenda Gaddi who happens to be the creator of FYBF. She’s also created 4 gorgeous kidlets. In case you’d like to know. Or maybe not. But we’ll share that info just the same.
3. Add your post URL to the linky. Please only link up one post.
4. Grab the funky FYBF button and post it on your sidebar. Help spread the blogfloggin love.
5. Visit the blogs of your fellow FYBF’ers and share the comment love.
6. Share some more comment love. It’s proven to make your wrinkles disappear…overnight. #truth