So guys, I’m still in the tropics of Bali, most likely sitting by a pool with a cocktail and if I’m really lucky, my own Ketut to heed my every beck and call (Life’s tough…)
In my absence, please give a hearty welcome to our sixth FYBF Featured Flogger, the ever witty and down to earth Kelly from Handmade Tears and Triumphs. Her blog will leave you in stitches as she reveals that she is part bogan but I also love her confidence as a mum and kick butt attitude to those who dare to give unsolicited advice.
Today, Kelly’s done something a little different as a FYBF FF…she’s written a gorgeous poem. Grab that cuppa, sit back and enjoy!
And as always….please, please leave behind lots of comment love!
Before I was a Mum
Before I was a mum, I enjoyed time on my own
But now I’m never lonely because I’M NEVER ALONE.
Before I was a mum, I wore heels every day
Now you’ll find me in flats, it’s easier to play.
Before I was a mum, this body was all mine
Sometimes my husbands ’cause he thought it was fine.
Before I was a mum, control undies weren’t needed
And my breasts were amazing (not to sound conceited).
Before I was a mum, late nights were about fun
Spent drinking and dancing, not patting baby’s bum.
Before I was a mum, afternoons were for beers
Not swim class, Kung Fu and overzealous cheers.
Before I was a mum, I slept in on weekends
Now I consider sleep an old long lost friend.
Before I was a mum, I enjoyed gangster rap
Now it’s all about The Wiggles and other such crap.
Before I was a mum, we enjoyed eating out
Long relaxed dinners without having to shout.
Before I was a mum, I’d choose wine over water
But there’s none of that while I breastfeed my daughter.
But before I was a mum, I often felt bored
And I didn’t have 3 little angels to adore.
Before I was a mum, I didn’t know the joy
Of seeing a baby discover a new toy.
Before I was a mum, Christmas had lost its spark
Now we creep in excitement, long after dark.
Before I was a mum, I didn’t know such love
The parent/child bond is worth all of the above.
So tell me Floggers, what changed when YOU became a parent?
1. Follow With Some Grace.
2. Sign up to the awesome Digital Parents community ( if you haven’t already done so). DP was created by Brenda Gaddi who happens to be the creator of FYBF. She’s also created 4 gorgeous kidlets. In case you’d like to know. Or maybe not. But we’ll share that info just the same.
3. Add your post URL to the linky. Please only link up one post.
4. Grab the funky FYBF button and post it on your sidebar. Help spread the blogfloggin love.
5. Visit the blogs of your fellow FYBF’ers and share the comment love.
6. Share some more comment love. It’s proven to make your wrinkles disappear…overnight. #truth