When the twinions were approximately 18 months old and things were still “under my control”, I remember a father walking past with his young son.
Watching me transfer each twin out of the car and into the pram he asked,
“Yes!” I smiled
“Yes!” I smiled even wider
“Good luck with that!” he said sarcastically as he walked away.
Wow. Now, if that wasn’t the world’s most accurate definition of rude.
But looking back, I can see where he was coming from.
And I know that all parents with boys will agree with me.
Boys are active. Boys can’t keep still. They constantly have frantic ants in their growing up pants.
Even for me who’s ran a half marathon, the twinions just know how to suck every ounce of energy out of me. Every. Single. Day.
Rainy days can be particularly tricky in our house. I always feel defeated when the twinions get bored with indoor activities like colouring in or crafts and the last resort ends up being television.
The thing is, I know that when it comes to daycare, they can be completely focused and attentive.
And with all the paintings and drawings they bring home, I know they’re extremely creative and imaginative.
The other day when it was wet and miserable, I thought I’d see how the twinions would like playing with Tiger Tribe’s Magna Carry educational products, Emergency Rescue and At The Park.
The sets come with colourful magnetic pieces and a board with play scenes. Easily carried in a portable suitcase, they’re ideal for travel or cafes.
Much to my surprise and delight, I scored at least an hour’s worth of quiet play out of them! No squabbling or fighting! Amazing!
Then, the real test.
Not being the most kid-friendly environment, church is a weekly challenge in achieving quiet, calm behaviour.
I brought along the Magna Junior travel sets, Jungle Safari and Treasure Island to see if the twinions would show an interest.
As the travel sets had less pieces and limited board space, their attention span unfortunately didn’t quite carry for as long this time.
I discovered boys will be boys. They still love their planes, trains and cars. They will always need to run around and release all that relentless energy.
But at the same token, their imaginations are strong and are as creative as any almost 4 year old.
Just as their growing bodies are active, so are their minds.
They just need the right educational tools to encourage them.
One lucky reader can win a Tiger Tribe prize pack which will include:
- Magna Carry At the Park
- Magna Carry Emergency Rescue
- Magna Junior Jungle Safari
- Magna Play Treasure Island
To enter the giveaway, all you have to do is:
1) Leave a comment on this post telling me: *What ignites your child’s imagination and creativity?
Terms and Conditions:
- The name of the promotion is: Tiger Tribe Competition
- The promoter is With Some Grace in conjunction with Tiger Tribe.
- The conditions of entry: Australian residents only
- Employees, immediate family members, retailers, suppliers, associate companies and agencies are not eligible to enter.
- The giveaway will close on 8th of December, 10pm AEST. Comments submitted after this date will not be considered for the giveaway.
- This is a game of skill. The winner will be awarded based on the strength of their answer to the *above mentioned question.
- The prize will be in the form of product which will be sent to the winner once address details have been provided after the competition has closed.
- The results of the giveaway will be published on this site on 9th of December.
- Prizes are not redeemable for cash and are non-transferable.
- The total prize value is $114.80 RRP
- If for any reason beyond the Promoter’s control the agreed prize is not available a product of equal or greater value will be provided.
- The Promoter is not responsible for prizes once they have been dispatched to the winner.
Disclosure: Products were received for review and no money was received. All opinions are solely my own, as always.
Don’t forget the important FBLS stuff:
1. Copy and paste your Facebook Blog Page URL and link it up below
2. If you can, please “Like” a fellow blogger’s page through your personal account. (For some bizzaro reason, the number of Likes on a fan page is only tallied from personal accounts).
3. For the love of bloggy karma, don’t link and dash! Reciprocate the Facebook Like love, ‘k?
* Not a deal breaker but how about giving a shout out to a new page you found ? Doesn’t cost much. Give tenfold, get hundred back, I say.
P.S To try and get as many bloggers joining in, please share or retweet this post! The more pages there are here to “Like”, the more love there is to share
Update 09/12 – The winner of the Tiger Tribe Giveaway is Lidya Y