Apart from my love of all things that come with an adrenalin rush, I’m a sucker for blades of the roller or the ice kind. Need proof? Check it.
So, when World Square Shopping Centre asked me if I wanted to test out their ice skating rink, it was a big “Hells, YEAH!” from me.
Issue is, in the excitement of bringing out the adventurous streak in me, I tend to forget about the rest of my family. And the fact that I have to look after them. Oh.
But we got to the big white tent and it was all pretty smooth sailing even before we got on the ice.
Despite only being just a smidgeon under 3 and a half, there were little ice skates with double blades for the twinlets.
Then there were friendly penguins who helped them stay up. All we needed to do was push them along. Easy peasy nice and easy!
I will let you on a little secret, though. Mr Surfer needed Mr Penguin as much as the boys did. Just as he was about to plummet down, he asked me, “What’s the secret? What’s the trick? How do I stay UP??” Luckily,there are rink assistants who were able to give him a few tips and then he was fine. Still. He may know how to hang ten but “Blades of Glory” he certainly isn’t. Heh.
The twinlets had a ball and dare I say, I’ve created speed demons. Towards the end, they were both pleading that we go “Faster! Faster!!”
The hour zoomed by and it was definitely a great school holiday activity in the Sydney CBD.
The rink will be open until the 14th of July.
Remember, kidlets under the age of 5 need to be supervised by adults.
I have a feeling we’ll be back.
Cause you know, a family that skates together…has a helluva lotta fun together.
Whatcha been up to these school holidays? Care to come ice skating with me??
***This is not a sponsored post. A friend who works at World Square invited me to come along. All opinions are my own and I’m a lucky gal to have awesome buddies***
1. Follow With Some Grace.
2. Sign up to the awesome Digital Parents community ( if you haven’t already done so). DP was created by Brenda Gaddi who happens to be the creator of FYBF. She’s also created 4 gorgeous kidlets. In case you’d like to know. Or maybe not. But we’ll share that info just the same.
3. Add your post URL to the linky. Please only link up one post.
4. Grab the funky FYBF button and post it on your sidebar. Help spread the blogfloggin love.
5. Visit the blogs of your fellow FYBF’ers and share the comment love.
6. Share some more comment love. It’s proven to make your wrinkles disappear…overnight. #truth