My past relationship with coffee was but tempestuous. I’m an allornuthin kinda gal and I gave coffee my complete all – 3 to 5 cups a day all.
Then, I did a nutrition course. While my lecturer didn’t deter me from my daily caffeine fix, it did come to my attention that I wasn’t just drinking the stuff in excess but mindlessly and carelessly.
You know, just drinking it as an emotional crutch to get through the day; an essential mummy survival tool.
So for almost 2 years, I turned cold turkey. (Told ya, all or nothing…).
Then this year, I visited a friend – a lover of fine culinary delights and damn good roasted coffee.
He converted me.
And I’m back again on the coffee cart.
But just like fine art, wine and food, this time there’s an appreciation for its taste and a respect to how the mix of coffee beans make that delectable cup for the morning.
Harris kindly invited me to a coffee tasting event where I learnt the different types of beans – from the strong taste of Robusta to the milder Arabica and the unique blends they make.
One of the big tips for grounded coffee is it’s best to store it in a cold, dark corner of the pantry rather than the popular belief that it needs to be in the freezer.
Even K-Bear has caught onto my special morning moment of having that cup of vitality.
Making me “ice creams” and “muffins” with his play dough one day, he grabbed an empty yellow play dough cup and said, “Mama, you want coffee??”
He then handed that little cup with a big smile and sweetly asked, “Mama, you happy now?”
Oh, yes, my sweet boy. Mama is happy. Coffee makes Mama very happy.
And with that, these days I’ll keep my coffee intake to one cup a day. Two at most with the exception of the make believe one served in a play dough cup.
I’m running a fabulous Harris Prize Pack Giveaway (valued at $200). One lucky reader will receive:
- Bodum Travel Mug (I can’t go without mine now!)
- Coffee Soy Candle (which has the most divine aroma!)
- Harris Premium Beans 500 g
- Harris Black Label Ground 200g
- Harris Reserve Colombian 200g
- Harris Espresso Ground 200g
All you have to do is:
- Leave a comment on this post telling me: What’s your “Must Have” Morning beverage?
- Like With Some Grace on Facebook
- Share this post on Facebook and tag “With Some Grace”
Terms and Conditions:
- This giveaway is only open to Australian residents
- Closing date for entries is 10 pm AEST Thursday, 12th of September.
- The winners will be contacted via email on the following Friday.
- If the winner does not reply to my email within 24 hours, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries will be judged on merit and decision of the winner will be final.