I’m going to make like a stiff gin and serve it to you straight: the next several FYBF’s will be of the indulgent kind.
Because if you read the fine print on this particular FYBF post, you will know it’s my birthday in 15 shopping days. But who’s counting??
Anyway, the Big W Big Wigs must’ve got wind of it because the other day they generously sent me a voucher to go and spend it on…clothes.
Happy birthday to me.
Shopping in Big W Women’s section was cotton pickin’ easy! When I did a little catwalk of all the awesome finds, Mr Surfer couldn’t believe how cheap yet stylish the clothes were. And he knows better than anybody else how picky I can be.
First stop was the new and exclusive range from Peter Morrissey.
I got a classic black jacket to team up with a gorgeous maxi dress.
I never ever thought I’d have the sass to wear white skinny jeans but here’s a classic example of “Never say never…”
A pretty sleeveless crew shirt to complete the ensemble. And there’s that versatile classic black jacket again.
The beauty about getting older (42 to be exact) is being completely comfortable in my own skin.
I don’t have a super model body but my “puppies” still have plenty of personality.
I’m kind of a rounded, voluptuous shape and damn those stubborn extra 5 kilos. But I have killer pins that can run a 21 kms race and biceps that get the respect they deserve.
I no longer think that expensive means quality. Comfort takes priority. I’m street wise and savvy to know where I can shop to get plenty of bang for my buck.
Age doesn’t stop me from caring about my appearance because I know slapping on some make up and running my hair through a hair straightener does wonders for my self-esteem as an independent, busy woman.
I’m not getting any younger. But I’m definitely wiser, stronger and in complete acceptance of the person I am today.
Yup. Zits, warts, flaws and all.
It’s all about celebrating and embracing the experiences and the years that come with getting older.
As Peter Morrissey himself said, “It’s not only how you look but most importantly, it’s how you feel”
Care to join in for some shopping with moi?
As part of the FYBF – The Birthday Indulgence series, I’m giving away a $200 Big W Voucher every week on FYBF. That’s 3 vouchers for 3 lucky readers! Howzboutdat?
In a chance to score this week’s voucher, all you have to do is:
- Leave a comment on this post telling me: What’s the wardrobe item that never fails to make you feel special and confident?
- Like With Some Grace on Facebook
- Subscribe to With Some Grace by Email
Terms and conditions:
- This giveaway is only open to Australian residents
- Closing date for entries is 10pm Thursday, 15th of August.
- The winner will be contacted via email on the following Friday.
- If the winner does not reply to my email within 24 hours, another winner will be chosen.
- Entries will be judged on merit and decision of the winner will be final.
*This is a sponsored post for Big W. As always opinions were solely mine and so were the impeccable fashion choices…
2. Sign up to the awesome Digital Parents community ( if you haven’t already done so). DP was created by Brenda Gaddi who happens to be the creator of FYBF. She’s also created 4 gorgeous kidlets. In case you’d like to know. Or maybe not. But we’ll share that info just the same.
3. Add your post URL to the linky. Please only link up one post.
4. Grab the funky FYBF button and post it on your sidebar. Help spread the blogfloggin love.
5. Visit the blogs of your fellow FYBF’ers and share the comment love.
6. Share some more comment love. It’s proven to make your wrinkles disappear…overnight. #truth