This #ASGLittleLearner review was written in collaboration with Kids Business and ASG. All opinions are solely mine. No monetary payment was exchanged.
Despite the twin ions turning five this year, we made the call much earlier on that we would hold them back a year from starting “big school”.
While they’ve had to say goodbye to some classmates who have gone ahead to the school around the corner, my boys are now the oldest (perhaps, bossiest?) in their Bears class.
I’ve had some mixed reactions from people when I tell them that my boys have stayed on in daycare. Some completely understand, others are busting to tell me what they really think but have been polite enough not to say so.
Although it seems everyone has an opinion on the topic of school readiness, not everyone has a set of identical twin boys.
Regardless, I have never regretted my decision.
Already we’re seeing huge developments. Where my introverted, daydreamer Nunu got a Superstar award earlier last month, K-Bear soon followed in getting his just last Friday.
No doubt, “Big School” will carry with it many complex emotions and circumstances.
The playground can be a vast, scary and intimidating place for a five year old, not to mention the competitive nature of the classroom.
Making friends, finding confidence, being organised – all important foundations for a young school starter but how does a parent begin those discussions?
To help both you and your preschooler in getting school ready, ASG is focused on supporting children’s education – it’s all they do. They’re typically known for their education funds, however this pack is an example of the educational resources they provide.
The fantastic pack includes:
- The Cat in the Hat DVD, containing four episodes from one of Dr Seuss’ most popular characters
- Five hardcover children’s books from highly regarded education consultant, Michael E Bernard, featuring stories on how to get along, confidence, resilience, being organised and persistence
- Membership to MY ASG, an ever-expanding source of articles and resources from parenting experts
- Discounted access to Parentingideas Club, an online parenting centre founded by Michael Grose – one of Australia’s leading parenting experts
- Discounts on all CD’s and DVD’s distributed by Marcom Projects, ASG’s multimedia educational products division
- Discounted health insurance with mediGUARD Heallth Cover, provided by Australian Unity
In reviewing ASG’s Little Learner Pack, K-Bear has became engrossed with the books. His favourite is “Before The School Bell”, which covers the topic of being organised. Something his Mama could also learn a thing or two.
Nunu loves The Cat In The Hat DVD and if allowed would undoubtedly watch it on loop!
Offering more than $180 of value for only $49.95 is a fun and educational gift for children under six years of age.
Like my decision in holding the twinions back a year, I don’t regret introducing them to these great books and DVD.
I won’t be surprised if we read them every night right up until that imminent day when they’ll walk through the big school gates for the first time.
What are your tips to get little ones school ready? Did you hold your kids back a year? Or planning to?