Some of you may recall, a couple of weeks ago, Mr Surfer made an impromptu interstate trip.
Leaving in such a heated rush, he left with not much other than a carry on backpack.
Departing straight from the office to the airport, he had a few precious minutes in the office carpark to change into casual clothes and slipping on the only pair of jeans he packed.
I wish I had been there to see the horror on his face when he tried to squeeze into the first leg, only to quickly realized that he had accidentally run out the door with a pair of mine.
While frantically hopping on one leg, with his ankles caught in the denim and his butt (a sexy one, of course) in mid air, a colleague happened to drive by and spotted him.
It wasn’t until later that evening, when he had settled at his destination, that he called, telling me about the wardrobe malfunction.
“So, what? You’re going to wear your business pants for 2 days?”
It astounded me that he could mistake my jeans for his.
“Um, well…no. But I looked in 5 different shops and all they have are those skinny jeans…You know, the ones that Paul wears.”
I started laughing hysterically into the phone.
Paul is our next door neighbour’s 23 year old son. He’s a funky guy and his trendy sweeping fringe haircut is perfectly matched with his “Idontgiveaneff” Gen Y attitude.
Skinny jeans are his staple.
And straight away, I envisioned Mr Surfer in the same attire yet looking…oh, so wrong.
Now, my husband is in denial about his age. I won’t reveal what it is, suffice to say, he is waaay beyond skinny jeans.
As soon as he walked in the door, I gave him the up-down-then-up-again-are-you-for-real-stare.
Fair indication that he needed to let go of his long gone youth.
Then we had date night last Saturday. And lo and behold, guess what came out of the wardrobe to make another fashion faux pas appearance?
“Look, Lovey! They’re wearing the same kind!” said my beloved Surfer Man, grinning madly as he pointed to some young hip 20-something year old dudes.
Hanging my head in embarrassment, I finally accepted the hard reality.
Those stupid pants are here to stay.
So, to celebrate my husband’s “kidult” tendencies and the biggest fashion faux pas he’s made in our married life, I have a fabulous giveaway !!
There’s a $200 gift pack to take care you skin, body and hair, provided by Garnier. Take care with Garnier.
Also, some awesome DVDs:
- Medium Season 7 out on DVD July 18
- NCIS Season 9 out on DVD August 1
- NCIS LA Season 3 out on DVD August 1
- The Good Wife Season 3 out on DVD August 29
- Hawaii Five-O Season 2 out on DVD September 5
Total giveaway value of over $300.
The important stuff:
- This giveaway is open to Australian residents only.
- The giveaway will be running until 12th of August.
- For additional entries, please share or RT on FaceBook and Twitter. Make sure you tag and/or mention me.
- Comments will be judged by none other than the kidult himself, Mr Surfer.
- Decisions will be final and the winner will be contacted on the 13th of August.
- If the winner does not reply within 24 hours with their contact details, another winner will be chosen.
Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post. However, all opinions expressed are entirely my own.