If it wasn’t trippy enough finding out for the first time we were having twins, the ultrasounds thereafter were something out of this world.
Like a silent version of “Aliens”, Mr Surfer and I would sit in that dark room and stare at the huge plasma screen in disbelief. Before us, there were two little heads, two little bodies and all the twenty teeny tiny fingers and toes.
“It’s like you’ve got a little soccer team in there…” The ultrasound technician giggled on one occasion.
As sleeping babies in their twin stroller, I would throw a large muslin over the front, protecting them from the sun and flies. But four little feet and their squidgy toes would peep out, catching the attention of many a jogger and by passer.
“Oh, how cute! You have twins?” Asking while having a quick peak through the cover.
These little feet are no doubt the joy of my life. At the same time, have given me great cause to get fit while learning the importance of patience.
They turn stubborn, defiant even, and refuse to budge an inch when I’m in a hurry to get them to the car.
But then they do the Usain Bolt, (usually in opposite directions), guaranteeing me to sprint after them and beating my PBT.
There are also the precious moments when they actually sit still. Then a foot is shoved in my face, requesting for fat little toes to get some “This Little Piggy” tickle time.
Back in late August, Betts Kids kindly invited me to the launch of their Summer/Spring collection.
Along with a beautiful morning tea spread, I had the opportunity to see first hand a beautiful and stylish range of shoes that had plenty of appeal for children of all ages.
I can say from experience that Betts Kids shoes are extremely comfortable because they graciously gave the twinlets a pair each. Not only are these sandals look so cute on these mischievous, adventurous little feet, the boys happily wear them without fuss. (Big plus!)
And the news gets even better! Betts Kids are generously offering 3 readers a pair (to the value of $100) each. Awesome, yes?
What’s been your most memorable Usain Bolt moment with your little one/s ?
To enter this fab giveaway:
1) Head on over to the Betts Kids website and leave a comment on this post telling me which pair of shoes your little one would love the most. (Don’t forget to include your email address)
2) Click Like on the Betts Kids Facebook page.
3) Like “With Some Grace” on Facebook.
The important stuff:
1) This giveaway is for Australian residents only.
2) Closing date is Sunday, 4th of November.
3) The winners will be announced on Monday, 5th of November.
4) Please remember to leave your email address in your comment.
5) Betts Kids Shoes will contact the winners who will have the choice of either having the requested shoes delivered or to be picked up at the nearest Betts Kids Shoes store.
Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post. All opinions expressed are my own.
Linking up with the fabulous Jess for IBOT