What’s bright and orange, runs like the wind….and is extremely cute???
Last week’s FYBF was all about the roller skates.
This week my friends, my legs are pumped and set to take off for the City2Surf challenge.
I’m even more excited over the fact that I’ll be running for Team World Vision.
A big thanks to Rose, Jess and the guys for getting us all together for our 10kms practise run and cooking up an awesome BBQ breakfast.
4 years ago, when I first watched the race, secretly jealous of all the runners and their amazing strength and endurance, I remember Mr Surfer trying to assure me that I’d be out there one day.
“Nah. There’s no way I’ll ever be able to run 14 kms…” I laughed off his preposterous suggestion.
The following year, leaving behind an ample supply of expressed breastmilk in the fridge for Mr Surfer to feed our 6 month old twinlets, I headed out bright and early into the city to start my very first race.
I was almost 39.
It wasn’t long ago my mind was cluttered and hindered with negative thoughts of “No way…” “I can’t…” “As if…”
And yet, here I am today…telling you all about my upcoming third race.
Life offers so much for our taking. Whatever goals or dreams we have, what’s stopping us from achieving them?
In the words of our 400 metre Olympic hopeful, Steve Salomon:
“How bad do you want it???”
I want it baaaaad, baby!!!
P.S Tune in for next week’s C2S vlog!
P.P.S Please visit my fundraising page if you’d like make a donation to Team World Vision.
P.P.P.S A HUGE thanks and hug to all you gorgeous bloggy buddies who already have.
Now, Flog It!
1. Follow With Some Grace.
2. Sign up to the awesome Digital Parents community ( if you haven’t already done so). DP was created by Brenda Gaddi who happens to be the creator of FYBF. She’s also created 4 gorgeous kidlets. In case you’d like to know. Or maybe not. But we’ll share that info just the same.
3. Add your post URL to the linky.
4. Grab the funky FYBF button and post it on your sidebar. Help spread the blogfloggin love.
5. Visit the blogs of your fellow FYBF’ers and share the comment love.
6. Share some more comment love. It’s proven to make your wrinkles disappear…overnight. #truth