I thought long and hard about what this week’s FYBF feature should be.
How does one ring in 2013 with a bit of sparkle?
Then, bang on New Year’s Eve, Hollywood’s power celebrity couple of the moment, “Kimye” (Kim Kardashian and Kayne West) announced that they were having a bub.
But, let’s forget the glamour and glitz for a brief moment.
It’s summer. We’re up to our upteenth attempt in toilet training the twinlets.
Spending Christmas at Grandma’s, the boys were “hanging lose” in the little waddling pool. Playing freely in their birthday suits.
Never an issue, we didn’t think we had anything to worry about.
Until, came wandering a distinct waft of poop.
Having a quick peek in the pool, there was nothing.
Just my imagination, I thought.
Alas, a minute later, brown floaties appeared.
Lucky for you guys, I didn’t take any photos.
I can attest that my twin toddlers’ tummies can’t fully digest corn yet. Nor carrots for that matter.
Attempting to keep minimal damage to my MIL’s patio, Mr Surfer and I precariously drained the murky water into the adjacent garden. Scooping the drifting faeces with plastic buckets and spades, we dumped it on her pelargoniums. It’s just fertilizer, right?
Filling up the pool again, we naively thought we were in the clear. That one brown shark attack was it.
We had forgotten that behind every set of twins, there is a conspiracy theory.
With only seconds of jumping back in the pool, the other dropped his shark.
Tell you what. My MIL’s garden is going to look lush and green, albeit a little stinky.
So Kimye, hope you guys are ready for what’s in store. After all the cutesy cutesy moments and dressing up your offspring in extravagant designer clothes, get ready for sharks.
Those guys attack the rich and famous too.
1. Follow With Some Grace.
2. Sign up to the awesome Digital Parents community ( if you haven’t already done so). DP was created by Brenda Gaddi who happens to be the creator of FYBF. She’s also created 4 gorgeous kidlets. In case you’d like to know. Or maybe not. But we’ll share that info just the same.
3. Add your post URL to the linky. Please only link up one post.
4. Grab the funky FYBF button and post it on your sidebar. Help spread the blogfloggin love.
5. Visit the blogs of your fellow FYBF’ers and share the comment love.
6. Share some more comment love. It’s proven to make your wrinkles disappear…overnight. #truth